Monday 24 September 2012

Japanese flower arrangement

Recently (yesterday) I joined a club at school. On Monday afternoons I now learn how to do Japanese flower arranging. Today was my first day. Each time we will work with different kinds of flowers. Unfortunately there is only 4 classes in this term because of the messed schedule.

The basic premise of flower arranging is to form a triangle with three branches or flowers. Each point must have a certain length. The art of the arrangement is in how you fill in the space between the three main points.

Today's flower arrangement was in honour of fall, so the flowers and branches were oranges and reds. Below is a picture of my finished product. It didn't take very long to complete. I think I will read up on flower arranging before the next class to have more of an idea of what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment