Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mom,

As I get older, more and more I recognize the difficulty of raising children. When I was younger, I didn't see us 4 kids as too much of a challenge. Boy was I wrong. I can't even imagine doing what you did, raising 4 children to be independent, free thinking, well-educated and contributing members of society.

As they say in Japan, いつもありがとうママ!itsumo arigato mama - pretty much means thanks for everything, past present and future.

Though it may not be enough, every year older I become, the more I appreciate everything you have done for me and continue to do. I suspect that this trend will continue, my eyes will open wider and wider. I think this is a sign that you've done a superb job in parenting. When I was little, you made everything look like a breeze, now I see the sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears of it all. Thanks mom!!

Today/yesterday have been the hardest days for me in Japan, I think. The reason is because I wanted to be with you, especially on this day, to show my love and appreciation for everything you've done. Moving to Japan hasn't been easy, what with the deaths, illnesses and general out of the loopiness, but it's the hardest when I'm not able to show my love and support when I feel it's needed.

Anyway, know that I Iove you and miss you and have been thinking about you nonstop for both Mother's Days, the Japanese and the Canadian one. Of course this isn't the only time you're in my thoughts though :)

Do you recognize the picture? In my last post I said I would elaborate on the latest flower arrangement in the next post. Do you know what it is? It's supposed to be a poodle, for Mother's Day. Yesterday when I was at the grocery store there were tonnes of poodles made out of carnations. I suppose the reason is that toy poodles are sickeningly popular here. So of course mothers would like carnation poodles. It is cute, but if you ask me, a bouquet of wild flowers is the best. As a side note, carnations are more expensive than other flowers here. It's the opposite at home. Don't really know why, just one of those Japan things.

So happy Mother's Day mom!! Please enjoy the picture of the carnation poodle Mother's Day arrangement. I wish I could've sent it, but I don't think it would have survived.

I love you and miss you soooooo much!! (You too Dad!)

Love,

Wendy

PS happy Mother's Day to all the other moms I know <3







No comments:

Post a Comment